August 13, 2008

20 Year Tag

My friend April tagged me and I tag whoever wants to participate:

20 years ago... I was 7. For some reason, I have always remembered my 7th birthday. My parents took me to the store and let me pick out my gifts. I don't remember everything I picked out, but my favorite was a cassette tape of Michael Jackson's Bad album. How cool was I? Unfortunately, all of that coolness wore off over the next few years and I haven't seen it since.

10 years ago... It was the end of my junior year and the beginning of my senior year of high school. I ran cross country and track with my friend, Jennifer, and lots of other really cool girls and we had the most amazing coach. I worked for the City of Henderson at a recreation center with my friend, April, and a bunch of fun people. I hung out with Heather, April, Jennifer and Claire a lot, and am really sad that after high school I didn't keep in touch with Heather. I regret it because she was a really good friend to me. Aside from being way too worried about guys and what people thought of me, I have really fond memories of high school. I loved it!

5 years ago... I was 22, and that was the year I met the most amazing man in the world, and for some odd reason he wanted to date mediocre me. That was a great year. I was also attending the Foothills Singles Ward that year and had some really great friends there, but I wouldn't have made it in that ward without Jody... she's the best. Lastly, I have to mention that I was living with my brother Clay, his wife Allison, and their son Dallan at that time, and it was so so so much fun.

3 years ago... I was 24 and had been married for just a year to that amazing man I mentioned earlier. At the beginning of that year we were living in Spokane while Gregg attended his last year of law school at Gonzaga. I was working as the receptionist at a counseling center which was interesting and a little scary sometimes. At the end of the summer we moved to Boston so Gregg could get his LLM (it's like a master's degree) at Boston University. What an adventure it was living there, and so cool to see so much of our nation's history.

Yesterday... Was a rough day. Mack and I didn't get out at all because I wasn't feeling well. So, I curled up on the couch and felt sorry for myself while he was such a good boy and played with his toys. When Gregg the Amazing Man got home from work, he kindly took care of dinner and we watched some of the Olympic coverage together. I love watching the Olympics.

Today... when Mack gets up from his nap, we will probably go to the grocery store because we're out of milk. Right now, I get to catch up on my blog reading and watch A Goofy Movie (in case you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it) on the Disney channel, even though I should be picking up Mack's toys and unloading the dishwasher.

5 comments:

The Faddis Family said...

YOu have a good memory... sounds like you have lived a good life. BTW... no mentioning of why you were feeling sick... Congrats! We need to chat, and I don't have your new cell phone number... I still have your old number in my phone... so send it to me please! HOpe you are doing okay... and call me k!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

I am guessing that a CONGRATULATIONS, is in order since there is a small count down on your blog now!! Please tell all the details, I am so excited for you and your family. I also loved the comments they bring back memories, I need to still do mine since April Tagged me also. I just have to find a little time.

Ashley said...

I love these posts, they are so fun! Again, congratulations! We are so excited!!!

Heath Family said...

Okay seriously...you're supposed to call with the news not just post it on your blog and see who notices...what if I didn't check your page for a few months ( I guess I wouldn't be a friend worth calling anyway! ) Congratulations!!! Love ya.

Allison said...

I loved reading about your memories and thinking about some of my own around that time and also thinking about the memories that we share. Don't feel guilty for not taking Macky out...he won't remember and you don't need the extra guilt! I am so happy that you updated your blog!!!!