Every year we have a camping trip on the Campbell side of the family (just my parents and siblings). This year we went to Kent's Lake on Beaver mountain (Beaver, UT). We've been there a couple of times, but it is definitely one of our favorite spots. Gregg had to work, so I was brave and took Mack by myself... feel free to praise me in the comments section (if you are a mom with more than one kid, just humor me and pretend that taking one kid camping isn't easy (also, I was about 7 weeks pregnant, although no one knew but Gregg and me... ha ha!)).
We headed up to the mountain on July 23rd and headed back on the 26th, and were therefore there for the 24th of July (Pioneer Day - largely celebrated throughout the state of Utah). So, on the 24th we left camp and drove into Beaver for a few hours. Unfortunately, the festivities were not as grand as we thought they would be, so we didn't stay long, but it worked out because a few of us ended up needing air mattresses (some found that their mattress had a leak while others had small children who refused to sleep in a play pen and kicked their parents on to the cold hard ground in the middle of the night). On Friday we walked to the other side of our camping loop to the lake and all went canoeing (which was free!). There were a lot more fun things we did, however I have a terrible memory, so I'll just say we had lots of fun.
I didn't take many pictures and they are mostly of Mack, but here you go:
My oldest brother Clint canoeing with his dog, Bart. Despite how big he is, Bart is still a pretty young dog and was a little nervous to jump in the water. It was hilarious to watch him swim.
My boy sleeping peacefully the morning after he forced me off the mattress. He actually slept really well every night up there and was always the last one up in the morning... wish I could say the same for me.
My brother Kelly with his dog Belle. Mack and I went out on the lake in a canoe with my parents... I'll have to get the picture from my sister and maybe post it later.
While we were down by the lake watching others canoe, Mack found a dandelion and was fascinated with it. On the walk down to the lake Mack tripped and didn't get his hands out in front in time to catch himself, hence the huge band-aid on his sweet little head.


5 comments:
I can honestly say that you are awesome to take Mack camping without Gregg's help. Yes, I have more than one child, but one child can be just as demanding, time consuming, and helpless as 3 kids. ha ha ha...I sure make it sound like it is awful to be a mom. It is not awful, it is just a bit of a sacrifice!
Anyway, the campout looked like so much fun!
Fun, fun, fun! I'm proud of you for braving the nights with Mack...those are always the hardest...especially with a screaming little girl at 3:30 in the morning! By the way, yes, I still remember the cabins at Girls Camp. Good times!
YAY a new little Benson! Congrats and keep us posted :) Way to go with Mack in the wild by the way. That was very brave of you. Chasing Kayda while we were camping was practically a two person job by itself, you must've been exhausted!
Love the pics. I agree that you were brave to take him by yourself (but I'm really glad you came up). It's not easy camping w babies. You did an awesome job though! We had fun too and can't wait til next year.
I'm very impressed that you took Mack by yourself, especailly being pregnant! Kelly and I had so much fun, it was great to be able to spend time with everyone!
Post a Comment