So last week I was feeling guilty about not getting Mack out of the house enough. We spend most days in the comfort of home (Oh, how I love my pajama pants... don't judge, I still shower. I just put them back on after). Well, I was emailing back and forth with my sister-in-law about it and she said the most profound thing:
"You are not lazy-neither am I. We just prefer not to be supermom."
Where's a vinyl letter making machine when I need one? I would totally hang this on my wall. There's nothing wrong with enjoying being at home. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy a playdate just as much as the next toddler (so please don't cross us off your invitation list), but we love the familiarity and coziness of home so much. I can just see it in Mack's face when we come home after being out for a while. Also, I have nothing against busy moms/supermoms... if you have the energy and desire to do it all, I'm happy for you (and maybe slightly jealous).
So, anyway, I think I'll stop feeling guilty and just enjoy being able to stay at home while I can because I'm sure once I have 3 or 4 kids it will all change.
Dillon's Championship Soccer Event
4 years ago
8 comments:
I totally feel the same way. I start feeling guilty about not getting my kids out as much (even though we do go to play group once a week and are busy running errands just about every other day of the week). Then I realize, "Why do I feel like I need to be supermom?" Next year Amelia is going to be in Kindergarten and I'm sure there is going to be lots more things for us to do. It makes me feel good to know I am not alone!
Don't feel guilty... I don't... I'm with you 100%. I love staying home... I'm a homebody. Enjoy this time you have with Mack... it does get busier with each child, and you have no choice by the time #3 & 4 get here... you have to be super mom if you want to get your kids involved in extra curricular activities... it's way better than figuring out how to entertain them on your own... and they love feeling independant from their moms. I love that quote, and your sis in law is a genius. So here's to those of us that have a choice to be a stay at home mom... and enjoy about 95% of every minute of it!
Amen! Isn't it funny that we all feel the same but yet we feel like we're all alone. One amazing man once told me that we all seem to think we have to be the perfect mom, with a perfect house and perfect clothes...this is not doctrine. We need to do what makes us and our children happy...final!
This is a way random comment, I'm Carrie Randall--Kyle Randall's wife. I saw the comment you left on Jenifer Randall's page where she put the picture of my new baby boy, and I was intrigued by the NyQuil story that was inspired by my husband (I must admit he doesn't drink NyQuil anymore, but I'm not sure he's grown up too much more :) my curiosity got the best of me and looked at your blog. Sorry I know that sounds kind of stalker-ish. But I was surprised to find out that I know your husband! Gregg is an old friend of mine from good ol' SUU and I just wanted to tell him hello. You guys look like such a cute family, and I am glad that all is going well. Please tell him that I say hello, and I hope that I haven't freaked you out too much. My maiden name is Prisbrey.
Thanks for the comment Carrie! We don't mind stalkers/lurkers here at the Benson Family Blog. :) I hope you're enjoying your new little one and I will make sure Gregg sees your comment!
wow, that sister-in-law must be so awesome. You are so lucky to have such an amazing person in your life. :)
I love it!!!! We here at the Thompsons enjoy our pajamas as much as we can. Nothing beats the comfort of our own home.
I love the comments you leave on my blog. Thanks for making me feel special. I LOVE YA GIRL!!! Now, about this post... I feel like the outcast in these postings... haha. I am still trying to get used to staying at home. It is sad and pathetic, but if I had the money, I'd be leaving the house everyday. haha. I even found myself looking for work the other day... I know, I know.. it's out of the question right now with 4 children, but I really miss my job. (SO SAD) haha. But, to redeem myself a little, I am enjoying just having Lily and Car home with me for 6 hours a day. I love getting into reading again. I love having my house clean for atleast a 6 hour stretch (if I can keep Lily pretty busy with something else). I am beginning to like getting projects started and not having to stop them before I'm finished. haha. Ok.. enough from me. I love your blog and I think you should update it more often. haha. Have a GREAT DAY!!
Post a Comment