July 16, 2008

Memories...

1. As a comment on our blog, leave one memory that you and I (Gregg or Shelly) had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty fun to see the responses.

9 comments:

Susy said...

The first thing that came to my mind was the last time Todd and I stayed at the Benson's house with you...I think it was last Oct. You and I were hanging out in the play room down stairs for a while with Trev, Lexi, and Mack. I just remember thinking how sweet you are. I was SO thankful for all the attention you paid Treven that day. I always feel like it's easy for him to get lost in the shuffle because Jamis is SO loud and off the wall...so that is a fond memory I have of you Shelly...thank you for being such a great auntie. As for Gregg...well, the first thing that came to mind was a lot of crude stuff...of course...haha. Next I remember when we shared the news that we were expecting Jamis he seemed genuinely so happy and excited for us...that was a good memory for me. I also remember Gregg being so good with J when he was a babe. Gregg even babysat for me so I could work out while Todd was at work. Good times. Love you guys.

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Well I can't leave a memory about Greg, since I have never met him, but I am sure he is an abosolutely awesome individual since he is married to Rochelle. My fond memories of Rochelle are when we would hang out in High and do stupid stuff, I still have all the pictures that we use to take jumping on the trampoline and playing in my parents backyard. Sometime when we are passing through vegas we need to stop by and say hi.

Allison said...

Gregg first...The first time I met you, you were at the Mangums and were not dating Shelly yet and something came up about when you go to the gym, you think it is "hot" when a girl is a little sweaty from working out. It was funny. One more-I remember that you were so pale and quiet the day that we were waiting for Shelly's ring to get delivered (remember often watching American Justice and cold case on A&E) and you looked absolutely terrifed to ask her to marry you.
Now Shel-Obviously I loved living with you and working with you-so there are tons of great memories, but I will try to choose.
1. Singing with you and Clay practically the entire way to and from our trip to 6 flags then getting creeped out when we got home because it was dark and we pictured an alien shadow on our roof. And one more...going to lunch together when we both worked at verizon and just really building up a great and fun friendship.

Ashley said...

I remember when you guys came home from your honeymoon and even though we all knew what a great couple you were before then I remember really realizing it that day. Shelly, I was terrified to meet you! I could tell how protective Kelly was of you from what he had told me about you and I was so scared you wouldn't like me! I was relieved when I did meet you, you're so sweet and nice!

The Faddis Family said...

Growing up with Gregg as an older brother- I could write a book full of stories from the time he shot my boyfriends with his bb gun, breaking things- which is a whole nother book of itself, wrestling with him, rebounding bballs for him in the backyard, or something tender like when he came over to my place in college with I broke up with Jared- just to check up on me because I was so broken hearted. Anyways,fresh on my mind- because while flipping through the channels tonight- Americas funniest videos was on, and kids were playing practical jokes on each other, so I was telling Jared about the time when Gregg and I played a two week series of practical jokes on each other, Gregg with the vaseline on the toilet seat- teasing me for years that he didn't want me to have a chapped butt, and me putting the D batteries above his-and Chad's door- they were sharing a room- and Chad walking through the door instead of Gregg- and saying a few choice words as they hit them in the head (I'm laughing my butt off thinking about it right now.)
The first time I met Shelly, she and Gregg were secretly engaged... and he was bringing her home over the holidays to "meet the family." I remember thinking, " so this is the amazing girl that is like no other that Gregg was telling me about." You seemed so shy, and a little sad to be away from your family over Christmas, and I wanted nothing more than to make you feel welcomed - little did I know you would soon be my sis in law:-) And a fun memory I have with you, is the morning after Thanksgiving when we tried to hit all the early morning sales at 6am, and found nothing we went for at all the stores we had marked "had to go get ----- there." ...It was kind of a disappointment, but it was a great bonding experience, and I really got to know you better. I'm also looking forward to our Barnes and Noble trip at midnight if you are still up for it!

Michelle Campbell said...

Shelly- I loved your cute smile when Clint and I first started dating (17 years ago). You were always so sweet to me. One of my fondest memories is when you were a part of my "16th birthday" date when I came back from California (you served us dinner in your front room wearing an apron... the walls were covered in sheets and the radio was playing behind them.) Also, I was at the house when you came home from "bombing the quad at Basic with waterballoons" and I was seriously blown away that you, of all people, would do that. My jaw was on the ground! That day I knew you had more "campbell" in you then I ever thought. haha. Gregg- I remembered first meeting you. You looked just like harry connick jr/Jean Claude Van Dam. I loved watching how you and Shell looked at eachother (sneaking peaks). Also, you've always been very easy to talk to! Both of you- How absolutely perfect you two looked on your wedding day! Absolutely gorgeous, happy, glowing... PERFECT!! It's a lovely memory for me! We love you guys!!

Michelle Campbell said...

Shelly- I loved your cute smile when Clint and I first started dating (17 years ago). You were always so sweet to me. One of my fondest memories is when you were a part of my "16th birthday" date when I came back from California (you served us dinner in your front room wearing an apron... the walls were covered in sheets and the radio was playing behind them.) Also, I was at the house when you came home from "bombing the quad at Basic with waterballoons" and I was seriously blown away that you, of all people, would do that. My jaw was on the ground! That day I knew you had more "campbell" in you then I ever thought. haha. Gregg- I remembered first meeting you. You looked just like harry connick jr/Jean Claude Van Dam. I loved watching how you and Shell looked at eachother (sneaking peaks). Also, you've always been very easy to talk to! Both of you- How absolutely perfect you two looked on your wedding day! Absolutely gorgeous, happy, glowing... PERFECT!! It's a lovely memory for me! We love you guys!!

Michelle Campbell said...

Oops, I didn't mean to post that twice. Oh well, I guess you'll have to read mine twice! haha.

Heath Family said...

Okay, I would have to say my favorite by far was when we would try to yell a song instead of sing it. I was always too shy to do it, and you would bust out with your best yelling voice. I still laugh thinking about it.