March 18, 2009

The New Addition

Jonas Rockwell Benson
March 3rd, 2009 - 7:26 am
9 lbs, 2 oz - 20 inches

Well, he's finally here! A few weeks ago, it felt like March 3rd would never get here, but thankfully it did and brought this handsome little man with it.


Prepping for surgery - about 5:30 am.


Gregg cutting the cord.

Everything went great with the c-section, and I couldn't see, but Gregg tells me that just before they put Jonas on the scale he peed all over the nurse.


I was in love at first sight.


Gotta love a planned c-section. No labor and decent hair and makeup. (I thought of posting a picture of how I looked after I had Mack, but I was too chicken. Let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight.)


Our first visitors - Grandpa & Grandma Campbell (grandchild number 17, I think).


Mack's first look at his new baby brother... I think he was more interested in the teddy bear and checking out the hospital room.


Apparently, someone is ready to go.


My beautiful sister - who so kindly brought some fun toys and treats for Mack to enjoy at the hospital.


The cute newlyweds. My sister-in-law Michelle also came to visit at the hospital, but I guess I forgot to get the camera out.


Mommy's favorite guys.


Kisses from big brother.


I am one happy mommy - and so happy to be home.


***MACK UPDATE***


I love those big brown eyes.


Checking out the new brother.


Helping Daddy do the dishes. Unfortunately, he won't be able to help as much because we had to hide the kitchen chairs when Mack learned that he could climb up on the counters on his own and because he can now reach to turn the water on by himself.


Here's what he got into about a month ago with the help of the chair. Yes, folks, those are knives and matches. This was a "I'm the worst mom in the world" moment.


Even toddlers love IN-N-OUT. Shortly after I snapped this picture, Mack's entire strawberry shake somehow ended up in his lap.

Mack has really warmed up to the idea of having little Jonas around. He loves to hold him and help me pat the baby's back when it's time to burp. He throws out the dirty diapers and will bring me a new one, and when Jonas is crying, Mack will look for the baby's binky and try to put it in his mouth (sometimes not so gently). Mack did struggle a little at first - he didn't want the baby to sit in his chair, and when I would lay a blanket out on the floor to lay the baby on, Mack didn't like the idea of sharing it. He is doing great now and always makes sure we have Jonas with us if we're going up or downstairs. I'm looking forward to the time when they can really play together and be great pals. I sure love both of these little guys.

A few more pictures:


Dad holding the lil' burrito and looking a little tired.


"I wear my sunglasses at night."


Oh my, being a newborn is so exhausting.


Fun with dinner.


The making of another Benson Family couch potato.


You've got to have the right gear to play ball.


THE END

18 comments:

becbloggin said...

great post shell! love seeing that lil babe and cant wait to hold him again! glad to hear mack is adjusting well :) love ya!

Heath Family said...

oh my goodness...you have the cutest little boys! i hope you are feeling a little better now. and i love the picture of mack with the knives and matches, and his cute little bum at the end. we'll have to get together next time i'm in town. love ya.

Tiffany said...

"so I can, so I can watch you weave then breathe your story lines." Weird lyrics from Corey Hart...
Now I am craving In n Out.
Love the pics! I love a post with lots 'o pics!
Hope to see you soon! I'll check on ya again...call me ANYTIME!

Megan said...

Congrats! He's a cutie! Hope you recover quickly from the c-section. Wait until Jonas is crawling, that's when Mack will REALLY start to like him! Suddenly they're interesting cuz they're not just this lump that eats, sleeps and gets carried around by mommy and daddy.

birmingham family said...

Cute pics! So excited he is finally here!
Let me know if you need anything!

Jenn said...

His little bum picture made me laugh so hard! It's good to hear that Mack has adjusted well to Jonas. I'm sure he'll make a good big brother.

Lindsay said...

Glad to hear everything is going well!!! Loved all the pics....you've got two cute little boys!

Susy said...

YEAH!!! I was SO excited to see all the adorable pics. I'm glad Mack's doing well with the new babe at home. I hope you're feeling better and better all the time!

ned0409 said...

thanks for posting those pictures! that last one's a classic!! thats fun to hear that mack is being such a good big brother.. ps i'm seriously considering a csection just so i can have beautiful "after" pictures like you!! lol :)

Megan Hedrick said...

He's so cute! I love his chubby cheeks. I'm glad everything went well and that you two are healthy. I was also not embarrassed to have pictures taken this time around having an induction with my hair done and makeup on.

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Congratulations!!!! He is adorable and I am so glad everything went well. We have had many moments with the knives and matches. In fact I am going through it all over again since Garrett just figured the climbing thing out. And I am with April, we really need to get together some time when we are in town.

Xquizit PiX said...

Your pictures look great... Jonas and Mack look so cute.... How precious are they... Congratulations

Julie Miller said...

Congratulations!! Glad to hear things went well and all seem to be adjusting to the new addition. He is such a doll!

john and amber said...

Congratulations guys!!! What handsome little boys you have.

Michelle Campbell said...

I was soooo excited to see your post. I've been looking for it. haha. It looks like you guys are doing so well. He is already changing in looks. Mackie is so cute in all those pics. What a sweetie pie. The couch potato pic is great! And I loved how you ended the post. hehehehe. Luv ya girl and I'm so glad you are doing well and adjusting well. That's GREAT!!

Allison said...

I love your posts! Mack is sure cute and Jonas is so sweet and cuddly! I wish I could hold him! beliedat! Where did you hide your chairs? Ryan pushes our chairs up to everything too and gets into food. He makes huge messes! I pretty much can't buy snack type foods anymore (which is a good thing).

Dane, Delyse, and Hazel Lynn said...

yay congrats! he is beautiful as are you!!

Ashley said...

Your kids are gorgeous!!! I cannot wait to see (and hold) Jonas. Mack is so sweet and growing up so fast! I am so jealous of how awesome you look. I was mortified after seeing pictures of me after having Layla. My new rule is no mom pictures for at least three weeks! :)