Gregg: I can't wait until things get back to normal and I can go to the gym again and read my scriptures more.
Shelly: I can't wait to be able to take a shower.
Gregg: (laughing) You're funny, honey.
Shelly: (thinking to myself) Yeah, I wasn't really joking.
Dillon's Championship Soccer Event
4 years ago
18 comments:
HOLY CRAP GIRL! I told you I want none of that. Let me come down there and watch kids for a bit so you can get a shower. Really. I can bring my kiddos down and we can all chill for 30 minutes while you get showered or whatever you need. I am 100% serious Rochelle. If you don't start taking me up on some of this help, I'll just be showing up without warning. How about Mack coming over here for a few hours? Anytime. ANYTIME!!!!! (this is me yelling!)
The only way I get a shower (and I did this when Amelia was Mack's age too) is I turn on the tv (in my room)and let the kids watch it. I put Lily in her bouncer and stick her just outside the shower. If the kids come in to bother her, I know about it. If something happens with them, I know about it. That is the only way I get a shower. Granted, sometimes I come out and find my clothes all over the floor, but hey at least I don't stink anymore. lol
K. I didn't mean to sound so, um, harsh. But really. I am 3 houses away. Let me help!
I did about the same thing Jenn did! Gotta love the babysitter/tv. I still do it for Austin! I close his door (with his child-proof lock on it so he won't escape) and then I have at least 30 minutes to myself to get ready!
How is everything else going? Anything I can do to help? We are usually always home!!!
I feel ya there! I think once you're a mom it's near impossible to get a shower in sometimes! Echoing Tiffany, I'm just down the street, so if you need anything just let me know!!!
it doesnt get much better...my older children left the backdoor unlocked (without my knowledge)and when i got out of the shower the other day i could hear little Z out back. great since we dont have anything to prevent him from marching right out front. and he was in just socks in our premium landscaped backyard.
sorry shell! darn you-you gotta let me help more too. i only invited myself over the other day! :) love ya sis!
You guys are both funny...there is no such thing as normal.
While I was scrambling to get ready for church last Sunday, Ryan climbed up on the pantry to get a big box of goldfish. He dumped it in the middle of the living room. I would have loved to leave it, but we have an ant problem that I am trying to keep under control and sometimes the realtor shows our house while we are at church. SO-I had to clean it up right then. I was only about 2 minutes late for church, so that was a good thing. But it reminded me that until the kids are all school age, I will never be able to get ready in peace.
oh, sweet memories...I laughed so hard when I read your post and remembered those months. I think the only time I showered was when Duane came home from school. The minute he came home I was in the shower. I did this after a bad experience which involved my baby crying and me running out and reassuring or rather scaring my poor boy because I had forgotten the towel in my rush to his side. oops, he won't remember, right?
Ha ha! Great comments, ideas and solutions! I normally do get to shower before Mack is awake, but Jonas had a few bad nights in a row and so I slept in with him. I hope I didn't make Gregg sound bad either. I know that if I just told him that I need to shower, he'll gladly take care of the guys while I do. Really, I just posted this because I thought it was funny - I promise things aren't that bad. I'm grateful to know I have so many friends and family members I can call on if I need to. Thanks!
You must not be stinkin' too bad yet, cause at least Gregg thought it was a joke!
P.S. Junk Food Platter is at a place called 'Simon', in the Palms Place, it's the building behind the 2 Palms Towers-Robert worked in the building for a moment so that's how we knew about it. I felt way out of place, but it was worth it! The cotton candy was the best!
Normal...that's a relative term...what is it anyway??? SO FUNNY. I still shower at about 11:00 pm just so I know where everyone is, nobody is fighting, leaving the house without me knowing (Lexi doll), and nobody is getting hurt and or choking... Good times with the little ones. Good times.
It was fun catching up on your blog... I've given up for the time... but I've been wondering how you have been doing... You look great, and you do have a bunch of handsome boys. Can't wait to see you at the blessing. Take care!
I feel like that almost everyday!!! When Garrett was born I think I showered every morning at like 4 after I fed him and he fell asleep.
I just don't shower. Solves everything. j/K! Hey are you and Bec up for a Twilight night with me?
Hey, it's Brian. Congrats on the new one. I am so behind on what's going on. He is a cute little guy! As for this post, for being a lawyer Gregg needs to learn to read into people a little better! Especially his own wife! Of course, I'm just as bad
I am so glad to know I'm not the only one not showering lately!
That is hilarious! You crack me up Rochelle! I know as moms we all feel that way:) I know I'm way late but congrats on your new baby! He is a cutie!
hehehehehehehe! Loved the post! I was totally crackin' up!
Post a Comment