February 2, 2009

Christmas 2008...

was fun and not fun at the same time. Poor little Mack was very sick and so we didn't get out to see any family. It was weird just staying home by ourselves all day, but it was still a really good day for us. Gregg bought me a new camera for Christmas, and that has been part of the reason it has taken me so long to get a new post up. I kept starting a post, and then I would remember that we had taken some of our pictures with the new camera and that I hadn't installed the software yet. So, anyway, here are some pictures from Christmas (some taken with the old camera, some with the new):

15 comments:

becbloggin said...

we missed you on christmas! glad the day was still a good one :)

Tiffany said...

Hooray! You updated your blog. I must say I have been disappointed...keep checking, keep checking, and no updates! ;)

Sorry you were sick on Christmas. We have been sick since before Christmas but managed to be quite healthy that day! Yippee!

Allison said...

Too bad Mack was sick. I know what that's like. Great pictures! Clay got me a new camera just recently and I can't wait to start using it!

Amanda said...

You're back! I never even got around to posting my Christmas pics, so at least you are catching up!

btw- how much did Mack weigh? I just did your poll...

jessenpetty said...

We have that same highchair! Cool! Nice pajama pants Greg. Way to look sexy! Sorry that Mack was sick. Hopefully next year will be better!

The Faddis Family said...

Cute pics... Dax got a bball hoop when he turned two, and i must say, it was worth every penny- he still plays with it... especially during bball season. I'm sure you will agree- and here's a tip... don't take it outside... it will stay in mint shape, and you'll be able to use it with other kiddos. Even nice weather destroys them quickly. I want to see more prego pics... you look great by the way. Also, I loved Gregg's pants, did you make them? Looks like a good holiday even if Mack wasn't feeling 100%.

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

Cute pictures, it is always sad when little kidos are sick. I am getting really excited for your little one.

Shelly Benson said...

Angie - Yes, I made those pants for Gregg. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to brag. Ha!

Amanda - Mack was 8 lbs 11 oz, and his head was HUGE. It was "like an orange on a toothpick", it's "a virtual planetoid" and "has it's own weather system." "I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow."

Can anyone name the movie?

Allison said...

You know that I know the movie and I will prove it with another quote, but I won't say the title because I want to give someone else a chance. I am too good at stuff like this. It's probably not something to brag about!

She smelled like soup. She smelled exactly like beef vegetable soup.

Shelly Benson said...

Allison, it is definitely something to brag about! Course I could find just about anything to brag about. You definitely got the movie - I love the quote you chose.

Susy said...

Cute Christmas pics! I'm proud of you for posting! I'm with Angie, we need some good 8-9 months belly pics. You're getting SO close!!! Can't wait to see the new little guy!

Tiffany said...

"we have a Piper down!"

Sara said...

I'm glad we're done blog stalking and actually communicate now:)LOL. Luke got that same basketball hoop for Christmas:) I was laughing earlier that you remembered my scissor fear...I now have this huge fear of the garbage disposal! (must be something with sharp edges!) What ward are you guys in?

Shelly Benson said...

Tiffany - I had a feeling I could count on you to know the movie!

Sara - We're in River Mountain Ward. I was trying to come up with a craft for you for your activity days girls post, but I couldn't handle the pressure! :) Also, I'm just not very creative in general, so good luck with that!

Heath Family said...

15 days left...yea! I'm so excited to see your new little guy.