January 19, 2010

November

I really need to blog more quickly after an event so I remember details. Aside from Thanksgiving, I can't really tell you much of what happened in November because I have a terrible memory. The pictures below are basically the only ones I took the whole month. Pretty sad. Anyway, we had a nice Thanksgiving! The weekend before, Gregg's parents decided to come down and join us. So, we scoured craigslist.org and found a nice dining table for a good price. We also quickly finished painting the living/dining room and downstairs hallway. I was so happy to have my mother-in-law there to help me with the cooking. We had a pretty traditional dinner, and I'm finding that I really enjoy cooking/baking from scratch (though, I'm not that good at it yet), so I made homemade rolls, some dessert-like candied sweet potatoes, and a pecan pie. My father-in-law was so funny and completely turned his nose up at the sweet potatoes (he's never been a fan), and since we had quite a bit left over, I announced that I would take some to my parent's house that night. Larry (father-in-law) says, "Good idea, take the whole pan over!" So I said, "Don't worry, Larry, I'm not going to force you to eat any!" We had a good laugh at that. Earlier in the day, while the women were making dinner and the men were watching football, I noticed that Mack was oddly quiet. Every mother knows that that is not a good sign. I went into the next room to see that he had opened his Christmas gift from Gregg's parents. Sneaky little stinker!

Giving Dad a high-five after set-up was complete.


Jonas, content to play with the box.


Mack LOVES this train. I'm thinking about adding to the set for his birthday in April.


Jonas started crawling at the end of the month, and cut yet another tooth, for a total of 8. He absolutely loves when Daddy comes home and cries really hard if Dad doesn't come to pick him up right away. He's much closer to being a Daddy's Boy than Mack ever was. Which is nice cause I'm not worried about leaving him at home with Gregg at all (at that age, Mack would have had a meltdown).

Mack loves the "new house" (as he still calls it), and is doing amazingly well in Nursery class at church. In our old ward, I was one of the Nursery leaders, and Mack would freak out if I ever left the room. So, I thought that Gregg and I would be taking turns with him in there every Sunday, but from the first Sunday, we've been able to just drop him off. Weird. I think it's the toys or something. They get the toys out right away in this ward, and we started with an activity like coloring/puzzles/blocks in the old ward. I think that might be what made the difference.

Next up: December!

6 comments:

Christen said...

That is so cool that you are baking things from scratch! I am so worried about being a good cook.. My mom and grandma are amazing and I just don't seem to have the same talents that they do! haha and how funny about Mack finding his Christmas present so early, sounds like something Kourtney would try to get away with! haha

Allison said...

Hey-we got Ryan the same thing that your in laws got for Mack. He loves it. I don't like having the pieces all over the house, but I am happy that he actually still plays with a gift he got for Christmas.
Good job on the cooking. You are really great at that and Gregg is so lucky to have you. How does he stay so fit? ha ha..just kidding, I know he likes working out.
Your house looks great! I can't wait to visit. I think I said that in my last comment.

Shelly Benson said...

Yes, Christen, he definitely has some gift-snooping Campbell genes in him!

Al - I have more pictures of the house I'm going to put up soon!

KolbyJanine said...

Sounds like Mack is just like his mom on snooping into presents early. Kolby always tells me stories at how good you and Kelly were at wrapping them up and making it look untouched. ha! I cant believe all that you have gotten done in that monster of a house. Good for you. Tal also got the same train as Mack. How fun all the boys got the same thing. Let me know if you want any help doing any of that painting and stuff, I seriously LOVE doing that kind of stuff. Glad that you guys had a nice thanksgiving.

Michelle Campbell said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started bloggin again! The pics are great! I don't like sweet potatoes either... I'm on daddy Benson's side. Glad you had a great thanksgiving with the fam. Mack finding his presents and opening them early sounds like a girl I know.... hmmm... uh... YOU! :)

Ashley said...

Yay! I was so happy to see a new post! Your boys are so cute! I love that Mack found his present, just like his Mom!