May 20, 2009

Macky & Jo Jo Update!

There are a few things Mack has done lately that I thought were cute enough to document:

1. A few days ago, I was in the kitchen getting lunch ready while Mack played in the living room and Jonas was in his usual corner on the couch. I heard Jonas sneeze and then a little voice say, "Sess you." (Bless you.)

2. Mack has started counting lately - "two, three, sick, semmen, nine."

3. When he wants to watch Sesame Street, he says, "Sessy," and thanks to Sesame Street, he recognizes and can say the letters A, M, P, and T. He also can name most of the characters on "Sessy," and my favorite is when he says, "Zo" for Zoe. Ernie is his favorite right now.

4. Mack is learning to share. He has a favorite blanket that he likes to sleep with and carry around with him. Sometimes, when Jonas is sitting on the couch, Mack will take his favorite blanket and put it on Jonas' legs. There are, however, a few things he doesn't like to share. We have a little newborn-to-toddler rocker chair, and when I put Jonas in it Mack runs over and says, "down down!" because he wants to sit on it. He fake cries for a few minutes when I tell him it's brother's turn. There are some instances in which this works to my advantage. I was trying to get Mack to come sit in his high chair to eat breakfast this morning, and he wasn't cooperating. So, I put Jonas in the high chair, and suddenly, Mack was very interested in eating.

5. If one of us get hurt, Mack says, "K?" as in "Are you OK?"

6. Mack has started calling Jonas "Jo Jo" sometimes instead of just baby, and he loves to help me give the baby a bath.

Jonas doesn't do much yet, but he seems to be a pretty happy baby. He'll smile at you just about anytime you want, unless he's tired, and he laughed for the first time on May 15th, but hasn't since. He loves to get his diaper changed and to have a bath. Also, on the rocker chair, there are some little animals you can hang above it kind of like a mobile, and he loves to look at and talk to them. I can't believe how fast time has gone by, he's already 2 1/2 months old!

Being mommy to these two handsome little guys is the best.

6 comments:

birmingham family said...

Two is such a fun age; they do so much more and every day is different!!!

Riley was the same way with Austin- he wanted all the baby things and if I needed to motivate him to do something all I had to do was show Austin! It is more fun with two!!!

becbloggin said...

yay! i loved this post...cuz i love hearing all aobut the cute things macky is doing. he's a mute around me--so it is fun to hear about him talking :) i gotta hold that little jo jo asap! hopefully we will see you monday if not before. :)

Jenn said...

They are such cute little boys!

Susy said...

Very cute post. I love the boys shirts!

Patrick and Jennifer Thompson said...

You have two adorable boys. I can't believe that Jonas is already 2 1/2 months old, it seems like not to long ago I was checking your blog daily to find out if you had given birth to him.

Congratulations on the cute family.

Amanda said...

It's fun when one of the siblings is sweet to the other. Nathan didn't mind Laila at all, until she started crawling and could get into things. Now, they fight, and when Nathan gets in trouble for hurting her and gets punished-she gets all sad for him. It's ridiculous!
Enjoy every sweet moment they have!!