Mack just about gave Gregg a heart attack last night. I was upstairs switching laundry batches and Gregg was downstairs with Mack watching one of the NBA playoff games. Suddenly, I hear Gregg say, "Oh crap!" I walked over and looked downstairs and Mack was half way up the first flight! He had never even attempted climbing the stairs, and then magically he knows how to do it perfectly. Then today, I was getting lunch ready in the kitchen (which you can't see the stairs from) and realized Mack wasn't hanging around, right at my feet, just waiting to trip me, like usual. I ran around the corner and saw that he was half way up that first flight again! Scary. I'm not looking forward to this climb and fall stage.
Dillon's Championship Soccer Event
4 years ago
4 comments:
I can't believe how fast he is growing! Ryan has never fallen down the stairs, so maybe Mack won'te either. Toddlers are much more limber and flexible, so we could hope he can keep his balance. Otherwise it is time for gates. FUN
You big boy Mack! Just start teaching him how to turn around and go down, he'll pick it up faster than you think. Trev was going up and down stairs by 9 months. We had to since there are stairs everywhere in our house. I'm sure he'll do fine. Good luck!
Good Luck, my Saige was a climber and loved the stairs, I remember spending lots of time teaching her how to go up and down the right way. Even now she still makes me nervous.
What a big boy! With Daxton I did gates...but kinda gave up on them with Maliya. It doesn't take long to have them mastered. But every once in a great while... Maliya will still miss a step and tumble down the stairs... She's fine... Kids are resilent...
Post a Comment