March 24, 2008

Not "sew" easy

For my birthday in January, Gregg bought me a sewing machine, and I've finished a couple of projects since then.

I did this one in February, and plan on sending it to my brother Clay:



I felt pretty confident after that (don't ask me why, it's only a pillow) so I decided to make Gregg some pajama bottoms for his birthday:


It was just dumb luck that I decided to make them out of fleece, otherwise I would have been in trouble. With the fleece I didn't have to worry about the front and back of the fabric or fraying... I would have been totally lost if I would have had to try and figure that out. Anyway, I'm really enjoying sewing and have already bought some more fabric to make a blanket for Mack. I'll post pictures when it's done, but don't expect it anytime soon.


4 comments:

The Faddis Family said...

I"m impressed... I must say some people are born with the talent... as well as patience... and I don't think I have neither. (It must run in the family.) Mom is a great sewer... but as for me... I took after my dad I guess. I had to take all sorts of sewing classes for my major in college, but nothing turned out very good... Good job. Your model looks like he enjoyed a nice nights sleep in his new pants.

Ashley said...

That is very impressive! I've only sewn one thing, a pillow, and it was enough to convince me that it was the only thing I should ever sew. It looks like so much fun though, I might have to try again, in which case I'll be coming to you for pointers!

Susy said...

Good job Shel! I'm proud of you! I'm with Angie...the bedhead model is cracking me up. I also think it's funny that he still has that 3 on 3 t-shirt from 10 year ago! Funny.

Gregg said...

Hey susy - the fact that you recognized the shirt I was wearing suggests that Todd still has his ... and I'm fairly certain it was 12 years ago - right before the mish!